The cost of installing an elevator can begin at $20,000 and go as high as $50,000 and beyond if extensive building work is required.
When deciding to install one or reevaluate your existing maintenance contract, you need to pick a service provider that can over-deliver on your needs.
Read on to discover what you should look for in an elevator service provider and what things to consider when choosing your elevator.
Choosing Your Elevator
There are different types of elevators, depending on their intended use. There are:
- Commercial elevators for large-scale skyscrapers, multi storeys, and hospitals
- Home elevators
- Tourist elevator for observations
- Cargo Elevator
- People elevator for apartment blocks (low and high rise), hotels, nursing homes
Seeking out an expert in your particular area is important as each elevator serves a unique need.
Here are some key considerations when choosing an elevator:
- Interior size and its weight loading
- An alarm system is installed for any breakdowns
- Power failure back up
- Price from the purchase to its fitting and maintenance
- Warranty and its coverage period
Choosing an Elevator Service Provider
Now that you know what type of elevator you need and its specifications, finding a suitable service provider is the next step.
If you have contacts in the building trade, it would be wise to ask for their advice initially. Or look for an elevator consultant who can guide you.
Here are other things to consider when choosing an elevator service company:
- Do they have expertise in your elevator type? Make a shortlist and seek out recommendations
- Do they understand the intricate workings of your particular elevator type?
- What kind of maintenance and repair service do they offer?
- How quickly do they respond to emergencies?
- Do they integrate smart technology into their elevator service? Can they monitor performance via a mobile app?
- Where is their nearest service mechanic? You’ll need to know that the company you choose has someone nearby
- How do they do their billing? As well as the elevator purchase, you’ll need to consider its installation and maintenance fees
Ask about the documentation that they will provide you with. Seek out information on how they deal with and store details about elevator performance and upkeep. This will inform you as to how up-to-date they are on improvements and advancements in elevator performance.
Having details of service contracts, especially in emergencies, will ensure that you don’t get any surprises in your maintenance bills.
Always seek out references from past clients. They will give you peace of mind that the company is the right one for you.
Here at AuditMate, we work with you to offer a service contract with built-in maintenance. Get in touch and avail of our AuditMate contract auditing service.
Experienced Elevator Service Company
Choosing the most suitable elevator service provider is an important decision for your business.
We work with data you have (if any) and analyze it using our 177 years of experience and knowledge to build the right contract for you.
We offer a free contract analysis on any existing contract. In this analysis, we can tell if you are getting the full value of the service you are paying for.
Did you find this article helpful? If so, make sure to read more from our Auditing and Management section.